User experience design (UXD, UED or XD) is the process of enhancing user satisfaction by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the user and the product.
- Utilize a user-centered approach to tackle complex design challenges
- Design and conduct a broad set of user experience research and usability studies
- Communicate design ideas and direction using wireframes, site maps, interaction prototypes, personas, competitive audits, storyboards, and user journeys
- Design effective interactions, user interfaces, dashboards and visualizations that delight and inform
- Stay abreast of interaction design and technology trends
- Collaborate with user experience architects, writers and other designers on medium-sized, diverse, cross-functional User Experience projects to generate the overall user experience solution and deliver usability on product within feasibility
- Do rapid design exploration and deliver the User Experience designs (user interface design comps, visual design specs, prototypes, and other visual assets) to engineering on time and with high quality
- Engage with product management, engineering, business stakeholders and third-party vendors to understand requirements and achieve goals
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in user experience design and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Leverage existing UX patterns and style guides
- Support engineering and conduct visual QA during development
- Support User Experience strategy and innovation
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills – you should be able to clearly articulate design considerations and decisions
- Excellent functional analysis skills. You should be able to break down complex workflows that include multiple layers of dependencies and re-frame them into elegant, simpler workflows.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- A portfolio demonstrating a grounded background in interaction design
- Rich understanding of user experience, user research, interaction design, and design principles
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and help move a project forward
- Expert use of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Experience Design, Axure, Visio, etc.
- Solid understanding of common software project management and development practices
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading efforts and delivery of complex software design projects in web design, user interface design, or related field
- Practitioner of user centered design best practices including iterative design and usability testing
- Mobile/responsive design experience is highly desired